Florida head football coach Jim McElwain talks with reporters on Feb. 16. [Brad McClenny/The Gainesville Sun] Florida coach Jim McElwain is going to have plenty of help on the Gators’ annual spring speaking tour in April and May.
Former Gator great player and coach Steve Spurrier and UF athletic director Scott Stricklin will be speaking to three Gator Clubs each, while basketball coach Mike White will be speaking to four Gator Clubs across the state at dates to be determined in June.
McElwain’s 10-stop tour will include three speaking engagements right at home in Gainesville — the Gainesville Quarterback Club on April 4, the Titletown Gator Club on May 9 and the Fightin’ Gator Touchdown Club on May 25.
McElwain will also be speaking in Orlando, Atlanta, Lakeland, Jacksonville, St. Petersburg, Dallas and Destin.
Here’s the full schedule:
• April 4 – McElwain speaks in Gainesville to the Gainesville Quarterback Club
• April 25 – McElwain speaks in Orlando to the Central Florida Gator Club
• April 26 – Spurrier speaks in Palm Beach to the Palm Beach Gator Club
• May 2 – McElwain speaks in Atlanta to the Atlanta Gator Club
• May 2 – Spurrier speaks in St. Augustine to the Historic St. Augustine Gator Club
• May 3 – McElwain speaks in Lakeland to the Polk County Gator Club
• May 4 – Spurrier speaks in Vero Beach to the Treasure Coast Gator Club
• May 9 – McElwain speaks in Gainesville to the Titletown Gator Club• May 10 – Stricklin speaks in Daytona Beach to the Volusia County Gator Club• May 16 – McElwain speaks in Jacksonville to the Jacksonville Gator Club• May 17 – Stricklin speaks in Sarasota/Manatee to the Manatee/Sarasota Gator Club• May 18 – McElwain speaks in St. Petersburg to the Pinellas County Gator Club Unfortunately, this article is either no longer in our system or is in a different location.To find additional or related content, you can check out latest articles or use our site search function above.Thank you.