Five important recruits who will visit Florida soon
1. Matt Corral , 5-star quarterback, Long Beach, Calif.: The Gators remain in the hunt for a 2018 signal caller and Corral is one of their top targets. After officially receiving an offer from UF this week, he pushed back his scheduled trip to Alabama in favor of attending Florida’s Friday Night Lights on July 21. It will be the Gators’ one and only shot to get Corral on campus and impress him enough to surpass his top school, Georgia. Corral plans to decide before his senior season.
2. Micah Parsons , 5-star defensive end, Harrisburg, Pa.: Parsons has heavy interest in the Gators and their April offer factored into his de-commitment from Penn State. He intends to visit Florida this summer or in the fall, telling SEC Country he will “definitely” make it to Gainesville. Parsons is close friends with a few top prospects for the Gators, which he said helps their chances. He plans to commit in January and Ohio State is considered the favorite at this time.
3. William Barnes , 4-star offensive lineman, Apopka, Fla.: Offensive line is one of Florida’s biggest needs in this class. The Gators have yet to secure any commitments, but they’re in great shape for a few elite linemen. Barnes is priority No. 1 and returns to campus for Friday Night Lights. His June trip to North Carolina generated a lot of buzz for the Tar Heels, so this is an important visit for the Gators. UF and UNC are co-leaders for Barnes, who wants to take his recruitment to National Signing Day.
4. Dante Stills , 4-star defensive tackle, Fairmont, W.Va.: The 2018 recruiting cycle is not a great year for defensive tackles, but Florida has a chance to land a good one in Stills. The Gators offered him in March and he plans to visit UF this month, possibly for Friday Night Lights. Stills grew up a West Virginia fan and the in-state Mountaineers are the team to beat in his recruitment. The Gators need to knock his visit out of the park in order to pull off the upset. Stills will commit in late August.
5. David Reese , 3-star linebacker, Fort Pierce, Fla.: Linebacker is not a huge need for Florida in this cycle, but the Gators should sign at least one prospect at the position and Reese is their best shot. He has never visited UF as a recruit, but plans to check out the school before making his decision at the end of the summer. Michigan appears to have the edge for Reese after his recent trip to Ann Arbor, but Florida will get the last crack at him and provides proximity to home. Kwantel Raines names top 5, sets decision timeline
One of Florida’s top targets has narrowed his recruitment down to a handful of finalists.
Kwantel Raines, a 4-star safety from Aliquippa, Pa., included Florida in his top 5 on Thursday along with […]